TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER c: ELECTRIC UTILITIES
PART 466 ELECTRIC INTERCONNECTION OF DISTRIBUTED GENERATION FACILITIES
SECTION 466.APPENDIX E INTERCONNECTION FEASIBILITY STUDY AGREEMENT
Section 466.APPENDIX E Interconnection Feasibility Study Agreement
Interconnection Feasibility Study Agreement
Whereas, interconnection customer is proposing to develop a distributed generation facility or modifying to an existing distributed generation facility consistent with the interconnection
Whereas, interconnection customer desires to interconnect the distributed generation facility with EDC's electric distribution system; and
Whereas, interconnection customer has requested EDC to perform an interconnection feasibility study to assess the feasibility of interconnecting the proposed distributed generation facility to EDC's electric distribution system;
Now, therefore, in consideration of and subject to the mutual covenants contained herein the Parties agree as follows:
1. All terms defined in Section 466.30 of the Illinois Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard shall have the meanings indicated in that Section when used in this Agreement.
2. Interconnection customer elects and EDC shall cause to be performed an interconnection feasibility study consistent with Section 466.120 of the Illinois Distributed Generation Interconnection Standard.
3. The scope of the interconnection feasibility study shall be based upon the information set forth in the interconnection request application form and Attachment A to this Agreement.
4. The interconnection feasibility study shall be based on the technical information provided by interconnection customer in the interconnection request application form, as modified with the agreement of the Parties. EDC has the right to request additional technical information from interconnection customer during the course of the interconnection feasibility study. If the interconnection customer modifies its interconnection request, the time to complete the interconnection feasibility study may be extended by the EDC.
5. In performing the study, EDC shall rely on existing studies of recent vintage to the extent practical. The interconnection customer will not be charged for such existing studies; however, interconnection customer is responsible for the cost of applying any existing study to the interconnection customer specific requirements and for any new study that the EDC performs.
6. The interconnection feasibility study report must provide the following information:
6.1 Identification of any equipment short circuit capability limits exceeded as a result of the interconnection,
6.2 Identification of any thermal overload or voltage limit violations resulting from the interconnection, and
6.3 A description and non-binding estimated cost of facilities required to interconnect the distributed generation facility to EDC's electric distribution system as required under Section 466.120(e)(1).
7. Interconnection customer shall provide a study deposit equal to 100% of the estimated non-binding study costs at least 20 business days prior to the date upon which the study commences.
8. The interconnection feasibility study shall be completed and the results shall be transmitted to interconnection customer within 25 business days after this Agreement is signed by the Parties.
9. Study fees shall be based on actual costs and will be invoiced to interconnection customer after the study is transmitted to interconnection customer. The invoice must include an itemized listing of employee time and costs expended on the study.
10. Interconnection customer shall pay any actual study costs that exceed the deposit without interest within 30 calendar days on receipt of the invoice. EDC shall refund any excess deposit amount without interest within 30 calendar days after the invoice.
In witness whereof, the Parties have caused this Agreement to be duly executed by their duly authorized officers or agents on the day and year first above written.
[Insert name of interconnection customer]
[Insert name of EDC]
Attachment A to Interconnection System Impact Study Agreement
Assumptions Used in Conducting the Interconnection System Impact Study
1. Point of interconnection and configuration to be studied.
2. Alternative points of interconnection and configurations to be studied.
Note: 1 and 2 are to be completed by the interconnection customer. Any additional assumptions (explained below) may be provided by either the interconnection customer or the EDC.