TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER c: ELECTRIC UTILITIES
PART 454 LICENSURE OF RETAIL ELECTRIC AGENTS, BROKERS AND CONSULTANTS
SECTION 454.40 REQUIRED APPLICATION FILINGS AND PROCEDURES
Section 454.40 Required Application Filings and Procedures
a) The Commission shall issue an order granting or denying an application filed under this Section within 90 days (or 180 days if extended by the assigned Administrative Law Judge) after the date on which a complete application has been filed. The assigned Administrative Law Judge may extend the time for considering an application filed under this Section by up to 90 days and can schedule a hearing on the application if:
1) A party to the application proceeding has formally requested that the commission hold hearings in a pleading that contains a verified prima facie showing that one or more of the allegations or certifications in the application is false or misleading; or
2) Other facts or circumstances exist that will necessitate additional time or evidence in order to determine whether a license should be issued.
b) All applications for licensing under this Part shall be verified as required by Section 200.130 of the Commission's "Rules of Practice" (83 Ill. Adm. Code 200.130).
c) The applicant shall provide the following:
1) Description of the applicant's business;
2) A certification that the applicant is licensed to do business in the State of Illinois and is in compliance with all other applicable laws, regulations and Commission rules and orders; and
3) The name, address, telephone number, any facsimile number and any e-mail address of the agent registered with the Illinois Secretary of State. This information shall be kept current and any change regarding the licensee shall be reported within 15 days after the change occurs. The required information shall be filed with the Chief Clerk of the Commission at its Springfield office.
d) Itemized Filing Requirements; the application for licensing under this Part shall include:
1) a statement in support of application, supporting documents, and schedules containing information showing that the applicant meets the requirements of Section 16-115C of the Act;
2) a certification that the applicant will comply with all terms and conditions required by Section 16-115C of the Act; and
3) a certification that any person who acts on behalf of the entity will comply with all Sections of this Part applicable to the function or functions to be performed.
e) Contents of documents shall be consistent with Subpart B of the Commission's Rules of Practice (83 Ill. Adm. Code 200)