TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER XV: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
PART 3100 ILLINOIS CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACT
SECTION 3100.85 APPLICATION FOR MID-LEVEL PRACTITIONER CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES LICENSE
Section 3100.85 Application for Mid-Level Practitioner Controlled Substances License
a) An individual applicant for a mid-level practitioner controlled substances license shall file an application on forms provided by the Department. The application shall include:
1) The physician assistant or advanced practice nurse license number. The license shall be active and in good standing;
2) The license number and controlled substances license number of the delegating or collaborating physician or collaborating podiatrist;
3) A delegation of controlled substances in Schedules III through V or any specific controlled substance in Schedule II shall be electronically input under rules set forth for DHS' Prescription Monitoring Program (77 Ill. Adm. Code 2080). A printout of the inputted delegation may serve as written notice of delegation of prescriptive authority if it is signed by the physician or podiatrist and the schedule of controlled substances or the specific Schedule II controlled substances that the mid-level practitioner may dispense or prescribe is listed. A separate notice of prescriptive authority shall be submitted by each supervising or collaborating physician or collaborating podiatrist; and
4) The required fee.
b) For physician assistant or advanced practice nurse controlled substance licenses issued on or after August 11, 2011 authorizing the prescribing and dispensing of Schedule II controlled substances, applicants must meet education requirements in accordance with Section 303.05 of the Act.
c) Any advanced practice nurse or physician assistant who writes a prescription for a controlled substance without having valid prescriptive authority may be fined by the Department not more than $50 per prescription, and the Department may take any other disciplinary action provided for in the Act.
d) Nothing in this Section shall be construed to prohibit generic substitutions as provided in Section 25 of the Pharmacy Practice Act [225 ILCS 85/25].
e) Pursuant to the Humane Euthanasia in Animal Shelters Act rules (68 Ill. Adm. Code 1248), a euthanasia agency applicant for a mid-level practitioner controlled substances license shall file an application on forms provided by the Department. The application shall include:
1) The euthanasia agency license number. The license shall be active and in good standing;
2) The required fee as stated in Section 3100.30.
(Source: Amended at 39 Ill. Reg. 3656, effective February 27, 2015)