TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER XIV: HEARING AID CONSUMER PROTECTION BOARD
PART 3000 HEARING AID CONSUMER PROTECTION CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
SECTION 3000.210 RESPONSIBILITIES OF COURSE SPONSORS
Section 3000.210 Responsibilities of Course Sponsors
a) A course sponsor shall be responsible for obtaining prior approval from the Department, the ASHA or the NHAS, for continuing education courses.
b) The course sponsor, or an individual applying for a course sponsor, shall forward a completed application package to the Department. The completed package shall consist of the following materials:
1) The Course Sponsor Application Form shall contain the following: the course sponsor's name, address and phone number; the title of the CEU course, the number of CEUs to be awarded, and the dates the course will be given; the name of the instructor(s); the location of the course(s); and the Track designation (Beginning, Intermediate Advanced, or Critical Issues);
2) The educational objective(s) of the course typed and double spaced;
3) The course description, which shall be typed, double spaced and not exceed 600 words in length;
4) The course agenda, which shall include the amount of time required to meet the course objectives. Specific times shall be provided for lecture, practicums, discussions, introductions, breaks, and lunches. Introductions, breaks, and lunches shall not be applied toward calculating contact hours on CEU's;
5) The course sponsor's evaluation form to be completed by the participants; and
6) All course instructor(s) vitae containing experiental and educational background.
c) The course sponsor shall sign and date the Course Sponsor Application Form.
d) The course sponsor shall anticipate a 60 day review process. Following approval of a course, the course sponsor shall notify the Department of any changes in the course content or instructors prior to the course offering. Upon such notification, the Board will review the changes in course content or instructors in accordance with Section 3000.220.
e) Sponsors of continuing education courses shall provide such information as may be required by rule and shall pay a fee of $150 per course. (Section 15 of the Act)
f) Courses certified or approved for continuing education by the National Hearing Aid Society or the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association shall be exempt from such fee and compliance with such course filing requirements as specified by rule. (Section 15 of the Act)
(Source: Amended at 17 Ill. Reg. 8817, effective June 10, 1993)