TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER X: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER c: ADMINISTRATION OF FUNDING
PART 2030 AWARD AND MONITORING OF FUNDS
SECTION 2030.100 RECIPIENT ELIGIBILITY
Section 2030.100 Recipient Eligibility
a) Grant-in-aid awards are made to public or private nonprofit organizations, institutions, units of state or local government, and other legal entities. Nonprofit organizations are defined as organizations that are corporations or associations no part of whose net earnings may lawfully inure to the benefit of any private share holder or individual.
b) Proof of nonprofit status must be submitted with the application for funding or, if previously filed with the Department, the applicant must state where and when the proof was submitted. Any of the following is acceptable evidence of nonprofit status:
1) A reference to the applicant organization's listing in the Internal Revenue Service's most recent list of tax-exempt organizations described in the Internal Revenue Code, Title 26 U.S.C.A. 501(c)(3), hereinafter referred to as IRS 501(c)(3).
2) A copy of a currently valid Internal Revenue Service tax exemption letter.
3) A statement from the Illinois Department of Revenue or the Illinois Attorney General certifying that the applicant organization has a current nonprofit status.
4) A certified copy of the organization's certification of incorporation filed with the Illinois Secretary of State that clearly establishes nonprofit status, and a copy of the annual report required by the Secretary of State for the current year.
5) Any of the above for a parent organization and a statement signed by the parent organization that the applicant organization is a local nonprofit affiliate.
c) Awards other than grant-in-aid shall be made to recipients as appropriate to the purpose of the award.
d) For-profit recipients must provide a certified copy of the organization's certificate of incorporation or other appropriate and necessary authorization to do business in the State filed with the Illinois Secretary of State and a copy of the annual report required by the Secretary of State for the current year.