TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER II: HEALTH FACILITIES AND SERVICES REVIEW BOARD
SUBCHAPTER b: OTHER BOARD RULES
PART 1125 LONG-TERM CARE
SECTION 1125.580 UNNECESSARY DUPLICATION/MALDISTRIBUTION
Section 1125.580 Unnecessary Duplication/Maldistribution
a) The applicant shall document that the project will not result in an unnecessary duplication. The applicant shall provide the following information:
1) A list of all zip code areas that are located, in total or in part, within the established radii outlined in 77 Ill. Adm. Code 1100.510(d) of the project's site;
2) The total population of the identified zip code areas (based upon the most recent population numbers available for the State of Illinois); and
3) The names and locations of all existing or approved LTC facilities located within the established radii outlined in 77 Ill. Adm. Code 1100.510(d) of the project site that provide the categories of bed service that are proposed by the project.
b) The applicant shall document that the project will not result in maldistribution of services. Maldistribution exists when the identified area (within the planning area) has an excess supply of facilities, beds and services characterized by such factors as, but not limited to:
1) A ratio of beds to population that exceeds one and one-half times the State average;
2) Historical utilization (for the latest 12-month period prior to submission of the application) for existing facilities and services that is below the occupancy standard established pursuant to Section 1125.210(c); or
3) Insufficient population to provide the volume or caseload necessary to utilize the services proposed by the project at or above occupancy standards.
c) The applicant shall document that, within 24 months after project completion, the proposed project:
1) Will not lower the utilization of other area providers below the occupancy standards specified in Section 1125.210(c); and
2) Will not lower, to a further extent, the utilization of other area facilities that are currently (during the latest 12-month period) operating below the occupancy standards.
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 5610, effective March 7, 2018)