TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER II: HEALTH FACILITIES AND SERVICES REVIEW BOARD
SUBCHAPTER b: OTHER BOARD RULES
PART 1125 LONG-TERM CARE
SECTION 1125.220 SPECIALIZED LONG-TERM CARE CATEGORIES OF SERVICE
Section 1125.220 Specialized Long-Term Care Categories of Service
a) Categories of Service:
1) Chronic Mental Illness (MI);
2) Long-Term Care for the Developmentally Disabled (Adult) (DD-Adult); and
3) Long-Term Care for the Developmentally Disabled (Children) (DD-Children).
b) Planning Areas:
1) The State of Illinois is utilized for the MI category of service.
2) Health Service Areas are utilized for the DD-Children category of service.
3) For DD-Adult category of service:
HSA I, HSA II, HSA III, HSA IV, HSA V, HSA X, HSA XI, and the combined HSAs VI, VII, VIII and IX.
c) Occupancy Targets:
1) Modernization 80%; Additional Beds 90% for the MI category of service; and
2) Modernization 80%; Additional Beds 93% for the DD-Adult and DD-Children categories of service.
d) Bed Capacity: For facilities licensed pursuant to the Nursing Home Care Act, the bed capacity is the licensed bed capacity for the service.
e) Bed Need Determination for the Specialized Categories of Service:
1) No formula bed need for the MI and DD-Children categories of service has been developed. It is the responsibility of the applicant to document the need for the service by complying with all applicable review criteria contained in 77 Ill. Adm. Code 1110.Subpart S.
2) Bed need for the DD-Adult category of service is calculated in two parts:
A) For facilities licensed as ICF/DD 16-bed or fewer, total bed need and the number of additional beds needed are determined by dividing the planning area's projected adult developmentally disabled population by 21.4 to determine the total number of beds needed for developmentally disabled adult residents in the planning area. The number of additional beds needed or excess beds is determined by subtracting the number of existing beds in ICF/DD 16-bed or fewer facilities from the total number of beds needed for developmentally disabled adult residents in the planning area.
B) For facilities with more than 16 beds, no bed need formula has been established.