TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER u: MISCELLANEOUS PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
PART 946 COMPASSIONATE USE OF MEDICAL CANNABIS PILOT PROGRAM
SECTION 946.210 FEES
Section 946.210 Fees
a) Except as set forth in subsection (b), the registration, renewal and replacement card fees are as specified in this subsection (a). All fees submitted to the Department shall be non-refundable. Annually, the Department may revise these fees:
b) The Department may reduce registration and renewal card fees for a qualifying patient:
1) enrolled in the federal Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) disability program, with submission of proof as described in subsection (e)(1);
2) who is a veteran with proof of service as described in subsection (e)(4);
3) receiving U.S. Railroad Retirement Board Disability benefits;
4) receiving Teacher's Retirement System disability benefits;
5) receiving Illinois State Universities Retirement System disability benefits; or
6) age 65 years or older at the time of application as indicated by identifying documents required by this Section.
c) Reduced qualifying patient application fee is valid for:
1) One year $25
2) Two years $50
3) Three years $75
d) Applicants with life-long debilitating medical conditions shall have their cards renewed every three years for $50.
e) Proof for Reduced Fee Applications
1) The applicant enrolled in SSDI or SSI shall submit a "Benefit Verification Letter" from the Social Security Administration showing the individual's name and address and the type of benefits received. The letter must be dated within the last year. A copy of the letter may be obtained online atmyaccount/ or by contacting the Social Security Administration. The annual cost of living increase letter mailed to recipients of social security benefits will not be accepted.
2) Applicants receiving U.S. Railroad Retirement Board Disability benefits shall submit verification of monthly disability benefits.
3) Applicants receiving Teacher's Retirement System disability benefits or disability retirement annuity or Illinois State Universities Retirement System disability benefits shall submit a copy of the Notification of First Payment or another verification of monthly disability benefits from the applicable Illinois retirement system.
4) Veterans shall provide a copy of their DD214.
f) Registered qualifying patients seeking to add a designated caregiver after a registry identification card has been issued shall submit a designated caregiver application as specified in Section 946.200 and the applicable fee in Section 946.210(a). The designated caregiver registry card shall expire on the same day as the registered qualifying patient registry card expiration date.
(Source: Amended at 45 Ill. Reg. 6205, effective April 27, 2021)