TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER r: WATER AND SEWAGE
PART 915 WATER WELL AND PUMP INSTALLATION CONTRACTOR'S LICENSE CODE
SECTION 915.80 CONTINUING EDUCATION SESSIONS
Section 915.80 Continuing Education Sessions
a) Approval of Continuing Education Sessions. Each entity that has established or proposes to present a continuing education session under the Act shall request Department approval by submitting its continuing education program to the Department. Requests shall be submitted to the Department no later than 60 days before the date the program begins. Continuing education sessions shall not be presented until at least 30 days after Department approval. A list of approved continuing education sessions will be available from the Department. The Department will approve sessions that address at least one of the following topics:
1) Water well construction and pump installation in general;
3) Water sample collection and sampling;
4) Contamination of water supplies and grouting;
5) Safety hazards associated with the water well construction and pump installation industry; or
6) Other relevant information necessary for the continued improvement of knowledge of a water well and pump installation contractor.
b) Minimum Classroom Hours for Continuing Education Sessions. For a continuing education session to be approved as fulfilling the requirement of continuing education for a licensed water well contractor, the session shall have a minimum of four classroom contact hours of water well topics. For a continuing education session to be approved as fulfilling the requirement of continuing education for a licensed water well pump installation contractor, the session shall have a minimum of four classroom contact hours of water well pump topics.
c) Requests for Approval. When requesting approval, the entities shall submit the following information to the Department:
1) Title of session;
2) Type of audience (water well contractors or water well pump installation contractors);
3) Location of session;
4) Names and qualifications of instructors or presenters;
5) Brief description of each topic, amount of time for each topic, and type of licensed contractor each topic is intended to educate; and
6) Total classroom contact hours, excluding breaks (a classroom contact hour is 60 minutes).
d) Attendance. The entity shall provide, upon request, the methodology used to verify attendance. Attendance records shall be retained for three years after the continuing education session.
Each entity approved to conduct sessions shall be responsible for notifying all licensed contractors of continuing education session dates and locations.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 9395, effective June 13, 2012)