TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER r: WATER AND SEWAGE
PART 905 PRIVATE SEWAGE DISPOSAL CODE
SECTION 905.180 EXAMINATIONS FOR LICENSURE
Section 905.180 Examinations for Licensure
1) Each person who desires to apply for admittance to the examination for a Private Sewage Disposal System Installation Contractor license or a Private Sewage Disposal System Pumping Contractor license shall file an application for examination on forms provided by the Department. These forms may be obtained by writing to the Illinois Department of Public Health, Division of Environmental Health.
2) The Department will establish examination dates and locations. A completed application, a photograph of the applicant, and a fee of $100 for each examination shall be filed with the Department at least 30 days prior to the examination date.
b) Examination Requirements and Results
1) Installation License Examination. The examination for a Private Sewage Disposal System Installation Contractor license shall test the applicant's knowledge of the design, installation, operation, maintenance, repair and service of private sewage disposal systems.
2) Pumping Licensing Examination. The examination for a Private Sewage Disposal System Pumping Contractor license shall test the applicant's knowledge of pumping, hauling and disposing of wastes removed from private sewage disposal systems.
3) Individuals desiring both the installation contractor license and pumping contractor license shall pass the examination for each license.
4) Passing Grade. The examination shall consist of questions with a combined grade value of 100 points. To successfully pass the examination, a grade of not less than 70 shall be obtained.
5) Failure to Attend an Examination. Any person who fails to notify the Department in writing by letter, fax or e-mail at least 2 working days prior to the date of the examination and fails to attend the examination will be required to resubmit an application and fee to be eligible to take an examination on another date. If an emergency or severe weather conditions do not allow an individual to attend an examination, the individual may make a written request to the Department explaining why the individual was unable to attend. The Department will review the request and, if the request is accepted, the individual will not be charged a new application fee to reschedule the examination.
c) Regulator Exemption
1) Currently employed staff of the Department or an agent of the Department, local health department or municipalities administering the Private Sewage Disposal Program may apply to take an examination. The fee for the examination will be waived, but in waiving the fee the individual, upon passing the examination, will not be able to act as a licensee or perform the duties empowered under the Act and this Part for the specific license. Taking the examination will only verify and evaluate the individual's knowledge of this Part.
2) If an individual is employed by the Department or is an agent of the Department, local health department or municipality and is licensed as a private sewage disposal installation contractor, private sewage disposal pumping contractor, portable sanitation technician or portable sanitation technician trainee, the individual may not perform the duties empowered under the license or certification within the State. This subsection (c)(2) applies to individuals employed at the Department or as agents that evaluate and approve construction permits for private sewage disposal systems, inspect private sewage disposal systems or enforce the Act and this Part within their jurisdiction.
(Source: Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 14994, effective August 28, 2013)