TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER q: MOBILE HOMES
PART 860 MANUFACTURED HOME COMMUNITY CODE
SECTION 860.APPENDIX C UNLICENSED MOTOR VEHICLES
Section 860.APPENDIX C Unlicensed Motor Vehicles
Section 860.310(d) of the Manufactured Home Community Code prohibits unlicensed vehicles in manufactured home community. This includes cars, trucks, motorcycles and trailers. While it is the manufactured home community owner's responsibility to assure compliance with this requirement, the manufactured home community owner may have legal difficulties in getting an unlicensed vehicle either licensed or removed within the time period allotted by the Department (usually 30 days). The Department recognizes this problem and encourages an investigation into the following possibilities.
1. The rules of the particular manufactured home community should prohibit unlicensed vehicles from being located in the manufactured home community and contain language that allows the manufactured home community owner to have unlicensed vehicles towed at the owner's expense after seven days written notice is provided. The resident should sign an acknowledgment and agreement to the rules.
2. Effective January 1, 1988, the local governmental jurisdiction has the authority to adopt an ordinance to permit it to tow inoperable motor vehicles and their parts after seven days written notification to the owner. Manufactured home community owners should encourage local jurisdictions to adopt such an ordinance and then advise the authorities when enforcement action needs to be initiated by the local authorities. The language describing this authority is contained in three particular laws for municipalities [65 ILCS 5/11-40-3], for counties [55 ILCS 5/5-1092] and for townships [60 ILCS 1/30-130]. This pertains only to inoperable vehicles but includes those on both public and private property.
3. Section 4-203 of the Illinois Vehicle Code [625 ILCS 5/4-203] contains provisions that allow a manufactured home community owner to immediately tow an unlicensed vehicle if the owner has a sign posted as specified in the Illinois Vehicle Code.
4. The American Lung Association has a Vehicle Donation Program. For more information contact the American Lung Association, Vehicle Donation Program, #1 Christmas Seal Drive, P.O. Box 2576, Springfield, Illinois 62708-2576, or call 1-800-583-4425.
5. The National Kidney Foundation of Illinois, Inc. has a car donation program. Call 1-800-488-CARS for details.