TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER p: HAZARDOUS AND POISONOUS SUBSTANCE
PART 855 ASBESTOS ABATEMENT FOR PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SCHOOLS AND COMMERCIAL AND PUBLIC BUILDINGS IN ILLINOIS
SECTION 855.140 SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Section 855.140 Supervisor Responsibilities
a) The supervisor shall be the contractor's designated representative who is licensed by the Department, and shall be responsible for carrying out the following activities:
1) Assist in decision-making regarding selection of procedures.
2) Review variance requests in accordance with Section 855.25.
3) Ensure that all project activities are conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Asbestos Abatement Act or the Commercial and Public Building Asbestos Abatement Act, as applicable, and this Part.
4) Supervise project activities at all times. The supervisor must enter the contained area as part of supervision.
5) Meet with the project manager daily to review work progress and solve problems or adjust procedures as appropriate.
6) Prior to and during project activities, the contractor, or his designee, is responsible for assuring that all employees of the contractor who are conducting project activities possess, on the job site, a valid original current license issued by the Department. A copy of the license is not acceptable for meeting this requirement.
7) The contractor, or his designee, shall make a copy of the original license and the copy shall be available at the project site.
b) On school projects, one project supervisor per decontamination unit is required.