TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER o: PEST CONTROL
PART 830 STRUCTURAL PEST CONTROL CODE
SECTION 830.250 CERTIFICATES OF INSURANCE
Section 830.250 Certificates of Insurance
a) Every commercial structural pest control location application for original license or license renewal shall be accompanied by a certificate of insurance as prescribed under Section 9 of the Act and this Part, unless a valid Certificate of Insurance is already on file with the Department. The Certificate of Insurance shall utilize one of the following methods:
1) Certificate of Insurance issued by an insurance company authorized to transact business in the State of Illinois; or
2) Certificate of Insurance issued by a Risk Retention Group registered to transact business in the State of Illinois; or
3) Certificate of Insurance issued by an insurance company who is the insurer of a registered purchasing group.
b) The Certificate of Insurance shall be on a form prepared or approved by the Department, issued in the name of each commercial structural pest control business location and shall provide coverage at each location requiring a license. The certificate shall include the following:
1) Complete name of the insurance company providing coverage to the licensee.
2) Name, address and telephone number for the insurance agency.
3) Name and address of the insured location.
4) Type of insurance coverage.
5) Policy number and expiration date.
6) Limits of liability in accordance with Section 9 of the Act or Section 830.260 of this Part.
7) The Illinois Department of Public Health listed as a certificate holder.
8) Signature of the insurance representative authorized to write the certificate.
9) Items not covered by the insurance policy shall be listed and explained on the Certificate of Insurance, or attached to the certificate.
c) Each applicant or licensee, or his or her designated insurance representative, shall provide the Department with the required Certificate of Insurance and notify the Department in writing of any cancellations, material alterations or expiration at least thirty (30) days prior to any such cancellation, alteration or expiration, not withstanding the requirements of Section 830.250(f).
d) Within thirty (30) days after the renewal of an insurance policy, the licensee shall forward a copy of the renewed Certificate of Insurance to the Department. Although this responsibility may be delegated to the insurance company, it shall be the responsibility of the licensee to ensure that this requirement is met.
e) The public liability coverages as described on the Certificate of Insurance must be valid and in effect at the time the Department issues the holder of such insurance a commercial structural pest control business location license.
f) Each licensee, or his or her designated insurance representative, shall notify the Department within ten (10) days of any claim which, if paid, will reduce the aggregate limits of the insurance liability coverage below the requirements of Section 9 of the Act and Section 830.260 of this Part.
(Source: Amended at 13 Ill. Reg. 2090, effective February 3, 1989)