TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER m: FOOD, DRUGS AND COSMETICS
PART 785 MANUFACTURED DAIRY PRODUCTS
SECTION 785.1210 PESTICIDE, HERBICIDE AND MYCOTOXIN RESIDUE CONTROL PROGRAM
Section 785.1210 Pesticide, Herbicide and Mycotoxin Residue Control Program
a) The following describes the Department's Pesticide, Herbicide and Mycotoxin Residue Control Program for raw milk under Section 785.290.
1) If the analysis of a sample from a bulk tank truck shows a level of any of the pesticides, herbicides or mycotoxins above the action levels contained in subsection (b) of this Section, then an individual sample is collected from each producer's milk that was in the tank truck to determine which producer or producers have created or contributed to the problem.
2) When the individual resampling is complete and the test indicates high pesticide residue levels equal to or above action level, another sample will be taken within 15 days to determine whether this adulteration is continual or has been a one-time situation.
3) If the second sample under subsection (a)(2) of this Section shows an action level equal to or greater than those contained in subsection (b) of this Section, then all of the producer's milk will be removed from the market and not offered for sale for human consumption until an official sample test shows the residue falls below the action level.
4) The milk supply will then be provisionally reinstated for human use and samples will be taken on a monthly basis. Should the next sample be above action level, the milk will again be removed from the market and not offered for sale for human consumption.
5) When two consecutive monthly samples are below the action level, the producer's supply shall be fully reinstated.
b) The following action levels have been established for the Pesticide, Herbicide and Mycotoxin Residue Control Program (PPM = parts per million; PPB = parts per billion):
1) Aldrin – 0.3 PPM
2) Dieldrin – 0.3 PPM
3) Endrin – 0.3 PPM
4) Lindane – 0.3 PPM
5) Heptachlor or Heptachlor Epoxide – the action level for either or both combined is 0.1 PPM
6) PCB – 1.5 PPM
7) Aflatoxin – 0.5 PPM
8) D.D.T. – 1.25 PPM
(Source: Added at 17 Ill. Reg. 14027, effective August 15, 1993)