TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER m: FOOD, DRUGS AND COSMETICS
PART 750 FOOD CODE
SECTION 750.210 FOOD HANDLERS - COURSE CONTENT
Section 750.210 Food Handlers − Course Content
a) Food handler training programs shall cover and assess knowledge of the following topics:
1) The relationship between time and temperature with respect to foodborne illness, including the relationship between time and temperature and microorganisms during the various food handling preparation and serving states, and the type, calibration, and use of thermometers in monitoring food temperatures.
2) The relationship between personal hygiene and food safety, including the association of hand contact, personal habits and behaviors; relationship between the food handler's health and foodborne illness; and recognition of how policies, procedures and management contribute to improved food safety practices.
3) Methods of preventing food contamination in all stages of food handling, including terms associated with contamination and potential hazards prior to, during and after delivery.
4) Procedures for cleaning and sanitizing equipment and utensils.
5) Problems and potential solutions associated with temperature control, preventing cross-contamination, and housekeeping and maintenance. (Section 3.05(b) of the Food Handling Regulation Enforcement Act)
b) All food handler training courses shall have an assessment of knowledge.