TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER k: COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROL AND IMMUNIZATIONS
PART 690 CONTROL OF COMMUNICABLE DISEASES CODE
SECTION 690.1335 ISOLATION OR QUARANTINE PREMISES
Section 690.1335 Isolation or Quarantine Premises
a) Entry into isolation and quarantine premises shall be restricted under the following conditions:
1) The Department or certified local health department shall authorize health care providers or others to have access to individuals in isolation or quarantine as necessary to meet the needs of isolated or quarantined persons;
2) No person, other than the persons authorized by the Department or certified local health department, shall enter the isolation or quarantine premises;
3) Any person entering isolation or quarantine premises shall be provided by the Department or the certified local health department with infection control information and may be required to wear personal protective equipment or to receive medication or vaccination as appropriate;
4) Any person entering isolation or quarantine premises with or without authorization by the Department or certified local health department may be isolated or quarantined; and
5) The Department or certified local health department shall permit a reasonable number of individuals to enter the isolation or quarantine area if the individual signs a consent form stating that he or she has been informed of the potential health risks, isolation and quarantine guidelines of the Department or the certified local health department, and the consequences of entering the area. The individual may not hold the Department, the certified local health department, the unit of local government, or the State or any employees or agents thereof, responsible for any consequences of entering the isolation or quarantine area. If an individual poses a danger to public health by entering an isolation or quarantine area, the individual shall be subject to isolation or quarantine according to this Section.
b) Persons who are subject to isolation and quarantine and persons who enter isolation and quarantine premises shall obey the isolation or quarantine orders of the Department or the certified local health department. Failure to do so shall constitute a Class A misdemeanor pursuant to 20 ILCS 2305/2(k) and 20 ILCS 2305/8.1.
c) Sites of isolation, quarantine, or closure shall be prominently placarded with isolation, quarantine, or closure signs prescribed and furnished by the Department or certified local health department and posted on all sides of the building wherever access is possible.
d) Premises used for isolation or quarantine shall be maintained to minimize the likelihood of further transmission of infection or other harm to persons isolated and quarantined;
(Source: Added at 32 Ill. Reg. 3777, effective March 3, 2008)