TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER k: COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROL AND IMMUNIZATIONS
PART 690 CONTROL OF COMMUNICABLE DISEASES CODE
SECTION 690.495 LISTERIOSIS (WHEN BOTH MOTHER AND NEWBORN ARE POSITIVE, REPORT MOTHER ONLY) (REPORTABLE BY MAIL, TELEPHONE, FACSIMILE OR ELECTRONICALLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, WITHIN SEVEN DAYS)
Section 690.495 Listeriosis (When Both Mother and Newborn are Positive, Report Mother Only) (Reportable by mail, telephone, facsimile or electronically as soon as possible, within seven days)
a) Control of Case
1) Standard precautions shall be followed.
2) If a cluster of cases is identified, the local health authority shall look for evidence of infection from a common source.
b) Control of Contacts
c) Laboratory Reporting
1) Laboratories shall report to the local health authority patients from whom Listeria monocytogenes has been cultured from a normally sterile site or patients who have a positive result on any other laboratory test indicative of and specific for detecting Listeria monocytogenes. If mother and newborn are both positive for Listeria monocytogenes, only mother should be reported.
2) Laboratories shall forward to the Department's laboratory clinical materials from a normally sterile site that are positive for Listeria monocytogenes.
3) Laboratories shall report and submit to the Department's laboratory any food or environmental Listeria isolates resulting from an outbreak investigation.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 5533, effective February 11, 2014)