TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER k: COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROL AND IMMUNIZATIONS
PART 690 CONTROL OF COMMUNICABLE DISEASES CODE
SECTION 690.490 LEPTOSPIROSIS (REPORTABLE BY MAIL, TELEPHONE, FACSIMILE OR ELECTRONICALLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, WITHIN SEVEN DAYS)
Section 690.490 Leptospirosis (Reportable by mail, telephone, facsimile or electronically as soon as possible, within seven days)
a) Control of Case
1) Standard precautions shall be followed.
2) If a cluster of cases is identified, the local health authority shall look for evidence of infection from a common environmental source.
b) Control of Contacts
c) Laboratory Reporting
1) Laboratories shall report to the local health authority patients from whom Leptospira species has been cultured or patients who have a positive result on any laboratory test indicative of and specific for detecting Leptospira species infection.
2) Laboratories shall forward clinical materials positive for Leptospira to the Department's laboratory. Laboratories shall report and submit to the Department's laboratory any Leptospira environmental samples resulting from an outbreak investigation.
3) Laboratories shall report and submit to the Department's laboratory any positive environmental or animal samples resulting from an outbreak investigation.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 5533, effective February 11, 2014)