TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER k: COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROL AND IMMUNIZATIONS
PART 690 CONTROL OF COMMUNICABLE DISEASES CODE
SECTION 690.330 BRUCELLOSIS (REPORTABLE BY TELEPHONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (WITHIN 24 HOURS), UNLESS SUSPECT BIOTERRORIST EVENT OR PART OF AN OUTBREAK, THEN REPORTABLE IMMEDIATELY (WITHIN THREE HOURS) BY TELEPHONE)
Section 690.330 Brucellosis (Reportable by telephone as soon as possible (within 24 hours), unless suspect bioterrorist event or part of an outbreak, then reportable immediately (within three hours) by telephone)
a) Control of Case
1) Standard precautions shall be followed. Contact precautions shall be followed when dressing does not adequately contain drainage.
2) Brucella species may be used as a biologic weapon for humans. Any clustering of cases shall be immediately investigated.
3) If a suspect domestic animal source within the United States is identified, the Department will provide this information to the Illinois Department of Agriculture.
b) Control of Contacts
c) Laboratory Reporting
1) Laboratories shall report to the local health authority all patients who have a positive result on any laboratory test indicative of and specific for detecting Brucella species infection.
2) Laboratories shall forward clinical materials, including, but not limited to, cultures, isolates or serum, suspected to be positive for Brucella species to the Department's laboratory.
3) Laboratories shall report and submit to the Department's laboratory any food, animal or environmental test results positive for Brucella species from a case or outbreak investigation.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 5533, effective February 11, 2014)