TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER IV: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER j: VISION AND HEARING
PART 682 HEARING INSTRUMENT CONSUMER PROTECTION CODE
SECTION 682.420 EXAMINATION: WRITTEN AND PRACTICAL
Section 682.420 Examination: Written and Practical
The examination shall consist of written and practical tests administered by the Department or its authorized designee. The examinations given, both written and practical, shall be the Uniform Written and Practical Examinations for Hearing Instrument Dispensers from the International Institute for Hearing Instrument Studies, International Hearing Society (IIHIS, IHS), or an examination approved, developed or sanctioned by the Department that meets the criteria in subsections (a) and (b). These tests shall be administered at least four times during a calendar year.
a) The written examination shall cover those areas of knowledge specified in Section 9 of the Act. A minimum passing grade, for the written examination, shall be 70 percent on each section of the written examination.
1) An applicant who fails the written examination may retake the examination. The examination fee shall be paid for each administration of the examination.
2) An individual candidate may take the written examination no more than twice in any consecutive 12-month period.
3) The fee for the written examination shall be $200 per candidate per administration of the examination.
b) The practical examination shall cover those areas of knowledge specified in Section 9 of the Act. A minimum passing grade for the practical examination shall be 70 percent on each section of the practical examination.
1) There is no limit on the number of times that the practicum may be taken. The examination fee shall be paid for each administration of the examination.
2) The fee for the full practical examination shall be $300. The fee for retaking each failed area of the examination shall be $75 per area. The fee shall be paid for each administration of the examination.
c) The written and practical examinations will be scored independently of each other.
(Source: Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 19331, effective November 13, 2013)