TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 395 LONG-TERM CARE ASSISTANTS AND AIDES TRAINING PROGRAMS CODE
SECTION 395.235 INSTRUCTOR REQUIREMENTS (ANATP ONLY)
Section 395.235 Instructor Requirements (ANATP Only)
Requirements for ANATP Instructor
a) Each ANATP instructor shall be evaluated for minimum requirements and approved or denied by the Department prior to providing program instruction. A request for instructor approval shall be submitted by the Program Coordinator 60 days prior to the first day of the course.
b) Each ANATP instructor shall:
1) Be a registered professional nurse with a minimum of two years nursing experience providing direct care; and
2) Have experience as an RN in at least one of the following:
A) One year experience teaching theory in an approved BNATP;
B) One year experience teaching theory in an accredited nurse's training program and have successfully completed a Department- approved Train the Trainer Program and approved evaluator course; or
C) At least one year experience in development, teaching and evaluation in health related courses and have successfully completed a Department-approved Train the Trainer Program and approved evaluator course.
c) A Clinical Instructor shall:
1) Be a registered professional nurse;
2) Have successfully completed a Department-approved Train the Trainer and approved evaluator course. RN's possessing a BSN degree or higher are exempt from this requirement. An RN may not serve as the Program Coordinator or the sole instructor in an ANATP unless the RN has two years of experience teaching in an ANATP or BNATP or has taken a Train the Trainer course and approved evaluator course;
3) Be mutually identified and approved by the theory instructor and program sponsor; and
4) Have completed clinical instructor orientation as designed by the program sponsor and agreed to comply with established guidelines.
(Source: Added at 44 Ill. Reg. 3455, effective February 21, 2020)