TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 390 LONG-TERM CARE FOR UNDER AGE 22 FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 390.2970 PLAY, DINING, ACTIVITY/PROGRAM ROOMS
Section 390.2970 Play, Dining, Activity/Program Rooms
a) General Requirements for Play, Dining, Activity and Program Areas
1) The combined area of these rooms shall not be less than 20 square feet per resident beds, cribs or bassinets.
2) The activity/program room may be combined with the playroom or dining room.
3) These rooms shall be located so that they are not an entrance vestibule from the outside.
4) All furniture shall be arranged so that it is not an obstruction to traffic in or out of the facility.
5) Playing and feeding functions, if suitable and consistent with the programs may occur in bedrooms. However, dining rooms, playrooms, and activity rooms may not be used for resident bedrooms.
1) Provide at least one furnished dining room in the facility sufficient in area to allow proper and comfortable service for the residents.
2) A dining room may not be necessary if sufficient space is available for individual feeding of residents when required due to the functional level of the individual residents as determined by the inter- disciplinary team.
1) Playroom shall be provided on each floor in multiple story buildings unless a variance to this requirement is approved in writing by the Department. Such a variance may be granted based upon the population and condition of the residents.
2) This room shall have adequate space to permit residents to run.
3) There shall be satisfactory outdoor play area and equipment to meet the needs of all residents who can be taken outdoors.
d) Activity/Program. Additional interior rooms may be used for television, craft, or similar activities.
(Source: Amended at 13 Ill. Reg. 6301, effective April 17, 1989)