TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 390 MEDICALLY COMPLEX FOR THE DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 390.2920 CODES AND STANDARDS
Section 390.2920 Codes and Standards
a) Nothing in this Part shall relieve the sponsor from compliance with building codes, ordinances and regulations that are enforced by city, county or other local jurisdictions.
b) NFPA 101: Life Safety Code, Chapter 19 (Existing Health Care Occupancies) and all appropriate references under Chapter 2 (Definitions) shall apply to and become a part of this Part. In addition to the publications referenced in Chapter 2, the following documents shall be applicable for all long-term care facilities:
1) NFPA 20, Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
2) NFPA 22, Standard for Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection
3) NFPA 24, Standard for the Installation of Private Fire Service Mains and Their Appurtenances
4) NFPA 50, Standard for Bulk Oxygen Systems at Consumer Sites
c) The following exceptions to the 2012 Life Safety Code are established by the Department:
1) Dead-end corridors longer than 50 feet shall be altered so that exits are accessible in at least two directions from all points in aisles, passageways, and corridors.
2) All corridors shall have a minimum wall-to-wall width of six feet.
(Source: Amended at 43 Ill. Reg. 3564, effective February 26, 2019)