TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 390 LONG-TERM CARE FOR UNDER AGE 22 FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 390.2670 DINING, PLAY, ACTIVITY/PROGRAM ROOMS
Section 390.2670 Dining, Play, Activity/Program Rooms
1) The combined area of these rooms shall not be less than 40 square feet per resident bed or crib.
2) The activity/program room may be combined with the play room or dining room.
3) These rooms shall be located so that they are not an entrance vestibule from the outside.
4) Playing and feeding functions, if suitable and consistent with the programs, may occur in bedrooms. However, dining rooms, playrooms, and activity rooms may not be used for resident bedrooms.
1) Provide a minimum of one dining room with at least ten square feet per resident bed, crib and bassinet. This area may be reduced to allow for individual feeding.
2) Additional space shall be provided on resident sleeping floors for individual feeding or residents when required due to the functional level of the individual resident as determined by the interdisciplinary team.
1) Provide a minimum of one furnished playroom on each floor in multiple story buildings.
2) This room shall have adequate space to permit children to run.
3) Each playroom shall have at least one outside window with a total window area equal to one-tenth the floor area of the room.
4) There shall be satisfactory outdoor play area and equipment to meet the needs of all residents who can be taken outdoors.
d) Activity/Program room and educational rooms shall be provided based on program requirements.
(Source: Amended at 13 Ill. Reg. 6301, effective April 17, 1989)