TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 390 LONG-TERM CARE FOR UNDER AGE 22 FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 390.2220 EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
Section 390.2220 Equipment and Supplies
a) The facility shall provide adequate equipment and supplies including at a minimum the following:
1) An adequate supply of nursing equipment such as individual thermometers, catheters, dressings, scales, hypodermic needles, syringes, and other equipment for giving medicines based on the needs of the residents in the facility.
2) At least one properly operating suction machine and one emergency type oxygen apparatus on each floor or section of the building housing residents. (B)
3) A sufficient quantity of linen such as sheets, diapers, blankets, towels, wash cloths, and plastic sheeting to provide each resident with a daily individual supply.
4) At least one privacy screen available in the facility for emergency use when resident privacy is needed.
5) An emergency first-aid kit or emergency box containing bandages, sterile gauze dressing, bandage scissors, tape, sling, burn ointment, airways, tourniquet, sterile suture set, antiseptic skin cleaner and other equipment deemed necessary by the advisory physician or the medical advisory committee. (B)
6) Proper clothing to assure cleanliness and warmth for each resident. (B)
7) A sufficient number of play pens provided for residents under one year of age and in addition for those over one year of age, if needed for proper care. These shall be safe for use. (B)
8) Washable toys and other developmental toys and equipment provided. These shall be of safe and sanitary design.
9) Cleaning equipment and supplies shall be provided as set forth in Subpart J.
10) All supplies and special equipment including implements or utensils needed for residents.
b) The facility shall initiate the procedures and assist the resident in obtaining special equipment designed for an individual resident's exclusive use.
(Source: Amended at 14 Ill. Reg. 14904, effective October 1, 1990)