TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 380 SPECIALIZED MENTAL HEALTH REHABILITATION FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 380.660 DENTAL SERVICES
Section 380.660 Dental Services
a) The facility shall have a dental program for stays over 21 days, which will provide for in-service education to consumers in collaboration with dental personnel, including, at a minimum, the following:
1) Information regarding nutrition and diet control measures that are dental health oriented;
2) Instruction on proper oral hygiene methods;
3) Instruction concerning the importance of maintaining oral hygiene; and
4) Providing dental supplies, including floss, toothpaste, and brushes.
b) The facility shall arrange, from an outside resource, the following dental services to meet the needs of each consumer:
1) Routine dental services, to the extent covered under the State plan or other resources;
2) Emergency dental services;
3) Assisting the consumer in making appointments and arranging transportation to and from the dentist's office; and
4) Prompt referral to a dentist of a consumer with loose or damaged dentures, to the extent covered under the State plan of other resources.