TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 370 COMMUNITY LIVING FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 370.1020 PROGRAM AND SERVICES
Section 370.1020 Program and Services
a) Each facility shall establish and provide to each resident a supervised home environment for the residents who, without such services, might require institutionalization.
b) Each facility shall:
1) Establish and provide to each resident a community living program which will lead to independent or increased independent living in the community. The program shall:
A) Assist each individual resident in developing realistic goals and acceptable attitudes.
B) Provide each individual resident with practical experiences in community living.
C) Assist each individual resident in adjusting to a variety of situations which will result in the development of acceptable behavior.
D) Provide evening and weekend training programs emphasizing those areas which will lead to independent living, e.g., personal grooming, socialization skills, communication skills, clothing, finances, food, transportation, and leisure-time activities.
E) Provide and/or arrange a vocational training program to meet the individual needs of each resident.
2) Provide accommodations related to services and program by a unit concept. Each such unit shall consist of not less than five (5) nor more than twenty (20) residents.
3) Provide that the residents will be responsible for assisting and planning household activities, participating in various household tasks such as maintaining the grounds, cleaning their own rooms, and assisting in the care of other areas in the facility.
4) Provide that the residents are encouraged and taught to plan, prepare and serve meals; and that equipment and utensils in the kitchen are available for use by the residents.
5) Provide that residents shall assist in shopping for food for the facility, and in purchasing their own clothes, toiletries and other incidentals.
6) Provide that residents be required to assume personal responsibility for the housekeeping standards of their bedrooms. Such housekeeping shall include, but not be limited to, cleaning of floors, making beds, changing linen, and keeping personal clothing in drawers and closets.
7) Provide that residents are taught how to use home and/or commercial-type laundry equipment.
8) Provide that residents shall not be used to replace employed staff.
9) Encourage a planned volunteer program to assist with the facility's program for its residents. It shall be under the direction of a staff member in a supervisory capacity.
10) Arrange for the placement of qualified residents in an independent living situation, or if otherwise indicated, in another group living facility at an appropriate level of care.