TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 370 COMMUNITY LIVING FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 370.710 PERSONNEL
Section 370.710 Personnel
a) Sufficient staff in numbers and qualifications shall be on duty all hours of each day to provide services that meet the total needs of the residents. As a minimum, there shall be at least one (1) staff member awake dressed and on duty at all times on the day and evening shifts.
1) There shall be at least one staff member on duty in the facility at all times on the night shift. This person need not be awake or dressed, but must be quickly available if a resident has need of his/her services.
2) Provision shall be made for personnel coverage when regular staff is absent.
b) The number and classification of personnel to be provided, including staff for the social and vocational training programs of the facility, shall be based on the following, developed in consultation with the Illinois Department of Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities:
1) number of residents living within the facility,
2) type of social and vocational programs in current operation to meet resident needs,
3) consultants and part-time professional staff available,
4) guidelines specified in Appendix A.
The Department of Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities as it evaluates social and vocational programs will examine staffing patterns and accomplishments and will report its findings to the Department.
c) If arrangements are made to share professional staff and/or consultants, a written agreement must be prepared specifying terms of the arrangement, updated annually and kept on file.