TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 370 COMMUNITY LIVING FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 370.550 PERSONNEL POLICIES
Section 370.550 Personnel Policies
The facility shall have written personnel policies that shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) Employment application forms shall be completed on each employee, kept on file in the facility, and shall be available to Department personnel for review. Application forms shall also be available to Department of Human Services personnel for program evaluation purposes. These forms shall contain date of employment, age or birthdate, home address, educational background, experience including types of employment, where previously employed, type of position to be filled in this facility, last date employed and reasons for leaving.
2) In addition to the application form, the individual personnel file shall contain other pertinent personnel data such as health records and evaluation of performance.
3) Each employee shall have a physical examination which has been conducted within a period of 10 days before or after employment and annually thereafter. Additional physical examinations may be requested according to the Control of Communicable Diseases Code (77 Ill. Adm. Code 690).
4) This initial physical exam shall include tuberculin testing in accordance with the Department's Control of Tuberculosis Code (77 Ill. Adm. Code 696).
5) An employee disgnosed or suspected of having a contagious or infectious disease shall not be on duty until such time as a written statement is obtained from a physician that the disease is no longer contagious or is found to be noninfectious.
1) All employees shall be at least 16 years of age or have a work permit.
2) An ongoing, planned in-service program embracing orientation, skill training and ongoing education shall be carried out to enable all personnel to perform their duties effectively.
3) The facility shall have a plan to provide personnel coverage for regular staff when they are absent.
4) Every facility shall have a dated weekly employee time schedule posted in a convenient place where employees may refer to it. These shall be kept on file at the facility for one year.
c) Prior to employing any individual in a position that requires a State license, the facility shall contact the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation to verify that the individual's license is active. A copy of the license shall be placed in the individual's personnel file.
d) The facility shall check the status of all applicants with the Nurse Aide Registry prior to hiring.
(Source: Amended at 26 Ill. Reg. 11982, effective July 31, 2002)