TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 350 INTERMEDIATE CARE FOR THE DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 350.3820 BATH AND TOILET ROOMS
Section 350.3820 Bath and Toilet Rooms
a) Bathing facility shall be provided for each eight resident beds per floor which is not otherwise served by bathing facilities adjacent to the resident room.
1) At least one bathtub or shower and one toilet shall be provided on each floor where resident bedrooms are located.
2) Each tub or shower shall be in an individual room or enclosure which provides space for the private use of the bathing fixture. This room shall be large enough to provide space for drying and dressing.
3) Showers shall be at least three feet square.
4) Shower stalls do not have to be constructed with a low curb or no curb at all.
b) One toilet room shall serve no more than eight beds.
1) The toilet room shall contain a water closet and a lavatory.
2) The lavatory may be omitted from a toilet room which serves a resident bedroom if each such resident room contains a lavatory. There shall be at least one toilet on each floor on which bedrooms are located.
c) Provide a toilet room with a water closet and a lavatory for staff and visitors.
d) Wheelchair toilets for residents are not required.
e) Training toilets for residents are not required.
f) Bathtubs and shower stalls for assisted bathing are not required.
g) Bathing and toilet facilities are not required to be in the same room.
(Source: Amended at 13 Ill. Reg. 6040, effective April 17, 1989)