TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 350 INTERMEDIATE CARE FOR THE DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 350.3030 PLUMBING SYSTEMS
Section 350.3030 Plumbing Systems
a) All plumbing systems shall be designed and installed in accordance with the requirements of the Department's rules entitled "Illinois Plumbing Code" (77 Ill. Adm. Code 890) except that the number of water closets, lavatories, bath tubs, showers and other fixtures shall be as required by these Requirements and the facility program. (B)
b) Plumbing Fixtures
1) Plumbing fixtures shall be of non-absorptive acid-resistant materials and shall be kept in good repair.
2) Clinical rim flush sinks shall have an integral trap in which the upper portion of the trap seal provides a visible water surface.
3) When existing showers or tubs are replaced or additional showers or tubs provided, the shower bases and tub bottoms shall be designed with nonslip surfaces.
c) Water Supply Systems
1) Water supply systems shall be designed to supply potable water at sufficient pressure and volume to operate all plumbing fixtures and equipment during maximum demand periods.
2) It is recommended that each water service main, branch main, riser and branch to a group of fixtures be valved. Stop valves should be provided at each fixture.
3) Hot water distribution systems shall be arranged to provide hot water of at least 100 degrees Fahrenheit at each hot water outlet at all times.
4) Hot water available to residents at shower bathing and handwashing facilities shall not exceed 110 degrees Fahrenheit (A,B)
5) Protective measures, such as but not limited to, installation of a mixing valve, limited access to controls, and checking water temperatures daily at various points, shall be implemented to insure that the temperature of hot water available to residents at shower, bathing and handwashing facilities shall not exceed 110 degrees Fahrenheit (A,B)
d) Hot Water Heaters and Tanks. Water storage tanks shall be fabricated of corrosion resistant metal or lined with non-corrosive material.
e) Drainage Systems. Special precautions shall be taken to protect food preparation, serving or storage areas from possible leakage or condensation from necessary overhead piping systems. (B)
f) Fire Extinguishment Systems. All fire extinguishment systems shall be designed and installed in accordance with NFPA 101 and NFPA l3. All fire extinguishment systems shall be maintained in accordance with NFPA l3A. (A, B)
(Source: Amended at 14 Ill. Reg. 14876, effective October 1, 1990)