TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 350 INTERMEDIATE CARE FOR THE DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 350.2710 STRUCTURAL
Section 350.2710 Structural
a) General Structural Requirements
1) The buildings and all parts thereof shall be of sufficient strength to support all dead, live, and lateral loads without exceeding the working stresses permitted for the materials of their construction in generally accepted good engineering practice. (B)
2) Special provision shall be made for loads which have a greater load than the specified minimum live load, including partitions which are subject to change of location. (B)
b) Construction shall be in accordance with the requirements of National Fire Protection Association Standard l0l, Life Safety Code, and the minimum requirements contained herein. (A, B)
1) Foundations shall rest on natural solid ground and shall be carried to a depth of not less than one foot below the estimated frost line or shall rest on leveled rock or load-bearing piles or caissons when solid ground is not encountered. Footings, piers, and foundation walls shall be adequately protected against deterioration from the action of ground water. It is recommended that soil test borings be taken to establish proper soil-bearing values for the soil at the building site.
2) Assumed live loads shall be in accordance with the International Conference Buildings Officials Uniform Building Code.
3) The fire resistance rating of the structural members shall be as established by National Fire Protection Association 220 Standard Types of Building Construction.
c) Provisions for Natural Disasters (B)
1) Earthquakes: In regions where local experience shows that earthquakes have caused loss of life or extensive property damage, buildings and structures shall be designed to withstand the force assumptions specified in the International Conference Buildings Officials Uniform Building Code. Seismic zones are identified on the map found in Appendix C. (B)
2) Tornadoes and Floods: Special provisions shall be made in the design of buildings including structural design, in regions where local experience shows loss of life or damage to buildings resulting from hurricanes, tornadoes, or floods. (B)
(Source: Amended at 13 Ill. Reg. 6040, effective April 17, 1989)