TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 350 INTERMEDIATE CARE FOR THE DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 350.620 RESIDENT CARE POLICIES
Section 350.620 Resident Care Policies
a) The facility shall have written policies and procedures governing all services provided by the facility which shall be formulated with the involvement of the administrator. The policies shall be available to the staff, residents and the public. These written policies shall be followed in operating the facility and shall be reviewed at least annually. (B)
b) These policies shall include:
1) A written statement of the philosophy, objectives and goals the facility is striving to achieve,
2) A written statement linking the facility's role to the "State Plan for the Developmentally Disabled," as prepared by and available from the Governor's Planning Council for Developmental Disabilities,
3) A written statement of the facility's goals for its residents,
4) A written statement of the facility's concept of its relationship to the parents of its residents or to the surrogates,
5) A written statement concerning admission, transfer, and discharge of residents including categories of residents accepted and not accepted, residents that will be transferred or discharged, and other policies of the facility.
6) A written statement for resident care services including physician services, emergency services, personal care and nursing services, restorative services, activity services, pharmaceutical services, dietary services, social services, resident records, dental services, and diagnostic service (including laboratory and x-ray), (B)
7) All the information contained in the policies shall be available to consumer representatives, the public, staff, residents, and for review by Department personnel.
c) The facility shall have a written agreement with one or more hospitals which indicates the hospital or hospitals will provide the following services:
1) Emergency admissions.
2) Admission to a hospital of residents from the facility who are in need of hospital care.
3) Needed diagnostic services.
4) Any other hospital based services needed by the resident.
d) There shall be no blood transfusions performed in the facility. (B)
(Source: Amended at 13 Ill. Reg. 6040, effective April 17, 1989)