TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 340 ILLINOIS VETERANS' HOMES CODE
SECTION 340.1335 INFECTION CONTROL
Section 340.1335 Infection Control
a) Policies and procedures for investigating, controlling, and preventing infections in the facility shall be established and followed. The policies and procedures shall be consistent with and include the requirements of the Control of Communicable Diseases Code (77 Ill. Adm. Code 690) and Control of Sexually Transmissible Diseases Code (77 Ill. Adm. Code 693). Activities shall be monitored to ensure that these policies and procedures are followed.
b) A group, i.e., an infection control committee, quality assurance committee, or other facility entity, shall periodically review the results of investigations and activities to control infections.
c) Each facility shall adhere to the following guidelines of the Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Public Health Service, Department of Health and Human Services (see Section 340.1010):
1) Guideline for Prevention of Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections.
2) Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Health-Care Settings.
3) Guidelines for Prevention of Intravascular Infections.
4) Guideline for Prevention of Surgical Site Infection.
5) Guideline for Prevention of Nosocomial Pneumonia.
6) Guideline for Isolation Precautions in Hospitals.
7) Guidelines for Infection Control in Health Care Personnel.
(Source: Amended at 29 Ill. Reg. 12924, effective August 2, 2005)