TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 330 SHELTERED CARE FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 330.3660 LIVING, DINING, AND ACTIVITY ROOMS
Section 330.3660 Living, Dining, and Activity Rooms
a) Every existing facility shall:
1) Provide accessible and satisfactory areas for living, dining, and activities to meet the needs of the residents. These rooms shall:
2) Be well lighted and ventilated, and easily accessible to all residents.
3) Be an outside room. Additional interior rooms may be used for television, crafts, or similar activities.
4) Provide adequate floor area to satisfactorily serve the residents in the facility.
5) Be so located that the room is not an entrance vestibule from the out-of-doors, nor an obstruction to traffic in and out of the facility.
b) Every existing facility shall have at least one comfortably furnished living room on each floor. These living rooms shall, in multiple story buildings, be provided on each floor unless a variance to this requirement is approved in writing by the Department. Under no circumstances shall the living room be used as a bedroom. The minimum floor space for a living room shall be 80 square feet. The dining room shall be sufficient in area to properly and comfortably seat the residents. The combined living room, dining room, and activity area shall be approximately 15 square feet per resident bed.
(Source: Amended at 13 Ill. Reg. 6562, effective April 17, 1989)