TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 330 SHELTERED CARE FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 330.2410 FURNISHINGS
Section 330.2410 Furnishings
a) Bed Requirements
1) Each resident shall be provided with a bed which is at least 36 inches wide, have a headboard, be of sturdy construction and in good repair. Cots, rollaways, double, or folding beds shall not be used.
2) Double beds may be used for married couples, if they desire this arrangement, if approved in writing by the Department.
b) Each bed shall be provided with satisfactory type springs in good repair and a clean, firm, comfortable mattress of appropriate size for the bed.
c) Each bedroom shall have window shades, or equivalent, in good repair.
d) A satisfactory reading lamp, or equivalent, shall be provided for each bed.
e) Each bed shall be provided with a minimum of one clean, comfortable pillow.
f) Each bedroom shall be provided with a mirror, unless there is a mirror in a bathroom opening into this bedroom. Each lavatory shall be provided with a mirror.
g) Each living room for residents use shall be provided with an adequate number of reading lamps, tables, and chairs or settees. These furnishings shall be well constructed and of satisfactory design for the residents.
h) Dining room furnishings shall be provided for each resident which are well constructed, comfortable, in good repair, and of satisfactory design for the residents. There shall be a sufficient number of tables, of a type that can be used by wheelchair residents, to accommodate all such residents in the facility.
i) Office spaces, and other areas shall be satisfactorily furnished with desks, chairs, lamps, cabinets, benches, work tables, and other furnishings essential to the proper use of the area.
j) For each bed there shall be furnished:
1) A minimum of two adequately sized dresser drawers.
2) A comfortable chair.
3) An individual towel rack.
4) A satisfactory reading light over, or at the side of, the bed.
5) Adequate closet, locker, or wardrobe space for hanging clothing within the room.
6) A satisfactory bedside cabinet.
(Source: Amended at 13 Ill. Reg. 6562, effective April 17, 1989)