TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 300 SKILLED NURSING AND INTERMEDIATE CARE FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 300.1233 QUARTERLY ADMINISTRATIVE STAFFING COMPLIANCE REVIEW
Section 300.1233 Quarterly Administrative Staffing Compliance Review
a) The Department will determine compliance quarterly by comparing the number of hours provided per resident per day using the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' payroll-based journal (PBJ) and the facility's daily census. (Section 3-202.05(f) of the Act) PBJ data that is utilized for compliance shall not be contested. For a crosswalk of job titles from Section 300.1230(i) versus PBJ job titles, see Appendix B.
b) The quarterly deadlines for submitting PBJ data to the Department are as follows:
1) For the first fiscal quarter reporting period of October 1 through December 31, quarterly PBJ data is due to the Department on March 1.
2) For the second fiscal quarter reporting period of January 1 through March 31, quarterly PBJ data is due to the Department on June 1.
3) For the third fiscal quarter reporting period of April 1 through June 30, quarterly PBJ data is due to the Department on September 1.
4) For the fourth fiscal quarter reporting period of July 1 through September 30, quarterly PBJ data is due to the Department on December 1.
c) Licensed-only facilities are not required to submit PBJ data to the Department but shall submit quarterly staffing data to the Department in a format and manner determined by the Department, adhering to the same deadlines as in subsection (b).
d) The facility's daily census report shall be broken down by intermediate and skilled care. (Section 3-202.05(f) of the Act) Required information for each day listed on the report is as follows:
1) The date;
2) The total number of residents requiring skilled care for the date;
3) The total number of residents requiring intermediate care for the date; and
4) The total census for the date.
e) Facilities shall submit to DPH.LTCDailyCensus@illinois.gov a separate daily census report for each day of the month of the quarter, adhering to the same deadlines as in subsection (b).
f) Failure to submit a required daily census report by the submission deadline shall result in calculations based on skilled care direct care staffing requirements for any of the missing information.
(Source: Added at 45 Ill. Reg. 1134, effective January 8, 2021)