TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER c: LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES
PART 300 SKILLED NURSING AND INTERMEDIATE CARE FACILITIES CODE
SECTION 300.230 INFORMATION TO BE MADE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC BY THE LICENSEE
Section 300.230 Information to Be Made Available to the Public by the Licensee
a) Every facility shall conspicuously post for display in an area of its offices accessible to residents, employees, and visitors the following:
1) Its current license;
2) A description, provided by the Department of complaint procedures established under the Act and the name, address, and telephone number of a person authorized by the Department to receive complaints;
3) A copy of any order pertaining to the facility issued by the Department or a court; and
4) A list of the material available for public inspection under subsection (b) and Section 3-210 of the Act. (Section 3-209 of the Act)
b) A facility shall retain the following for public inspection:
1) A complete copy of every inspection report of the facility received from the Department during the past five years;
2) A copy of every order pertaining to the facility issued by the Department or a court during the past five years;
3) A description of the services provided by the facility and the rates charged for those services and items for which a resident may be separately charged;
4) A copy of the statement of ownership required by Section 3-207 of the Act;
5) A record of personnel employed or retained by the facility who are licensed, certified or registered by the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation;
6) A complete copy of the most recent inspection report of the facility received from the Department; and
7) A copy of the current Consumer Choice Information Report required by Section 2-214 of the Act. (Section 3-210 of the Act)
c) A facility that has received a notice of violation for a violation of the minimum staffing requirements under Section 3-202.05 of the Act and Section 300.1230 of this Part shall display, during the period of time the facility is out of compliance, a notice stating in Calibri (body) font and 26-point type in black letters on an 8.5 by 11 inch white paper the following:
"Notice Dated: ...................
This facility does not currently meet the minimum staffing ratios required by law. Posted at the direction of the Illinois Department of Public Health."
1) The notice shall be posted, at a minimum, at all publicly used exterior entryways into the facility, inside the main entrance lobby, and next to any registration desk for easily accessible viewing. The notice shall also be posted on the main page of the facility's website.
2) Pursuant to Section 300.1234(a)(5), the Department shall have the discretion to determine the gravity of any violation and, taking into account mitigating and aggravating circumstances and facts, may reduce the requirement of, and amount of time for, posting the notice. (Section 3-209 of the Act)
d) All Cook County facilities with Colbert Class Members shall conspicuously display, in a public and accessible location, a Department-provided poster informing residents of their right to explore or decline community transition, and their right to be free from retaliation, regardless of their decision on transition. This poster shall include a telephone number for reporting retaliation to the Department and shall include the steps a resident should take if retaliation does occur. The display of the poster will be included as a compliance measure in the Department's survey process.
(Source: Amended at 45 Ill. Reg. 13953, effective October 25, 2021)