TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER b: HOSPITALS AND AMBULATORY CARE FACILITIES
PART 265 BIRTH CENTER DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM CODE
SECTION 265.2950 EMERGENCY ELECTRIC SERVICE
Section 265.2950 Emergency Electric Service
a) An emergency source of electricity shall be provided.
b) Birth centers shall be permitted to use a battery system for emergency power. The following is required:
1) Illumination of means of egress as required in the Life Safety Code (NFPA 101);
2) Illumination of birth and recovery rooms;
3) Illumination of exit and exit directional signs;
4) Fire alarm and alarms required for nonflammable medical gas systems, if nonflammable medical gas systems are installed; and
5) Type 3 emergency electrical service that meets all NFPA 99 requirements of this type of system.