TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER b: HOSPITALS AND AMBULATORY CARE FACILITIES
PART 260 CHILDREN'S COMMUNITY-BASED HEALTH CARE CENTER CODE
SECTION 260.1200 APPLICATION FOR AND ISSUANCE OF A LICENSE TO OPERATE A CHILDREN'S COMMUNITY-BASED HEALTH CARE CENTER MODEL
Section 260.1200 Application for and Issuance of a License to Operate a Children's Community-Based Health Care Center Model
a) Applications for a license to operate a Children's Community-Based Health Care Center Model shall be in writing on forms provided by the Department. The application shall be made under oath and shall contain the following:
1) The name of the proposed Model;
2) The address of the proposed Model;
3) A precise description of the site of the proposed Model;
4) The maximum occupancy of the Model;
5) The name and address of the registered agent or other individual authorized to receive Service of Process for the Model licensee;
6) The name of the person or persons under whose management or supervision the center will be operated;
7) Documentation of compliance with Section 260.2300 of this Part; and
8) The Model's admission policies and procedures in accordance with Section 260.1800 of this Part.
b) An application for initial licensure shall be accompanied by an application fee of $500 plus $100 for each bed.
c) Upon receipt and review of a complete application for licensure, the Department shall conduct an inspection to determine compliance with the Act and this Part.
d) If the proposed Model is found to be in substantial compliance with the Act and this Part, the Department shall issue a license for a period of one year. The license shall not be transferable; it is issued to the licensee and for the specific location and number of beds identified in the application.
e) An application for license renewal shall be filed with the Department 90 to 120 days prior to the expiration of the license, on forms provided by the Department.
1) The renewal application shall comply with the requirements of subsections (a) and (b) of this Section; and
2) Upon receipt and review of a complete application for license renewal, the Department may conduct a survey. The Department shall renew the license in accordance with subsection (d) of this Section.
f) The Department may issue a provisional license to any Children's Community-Based Health Care Center Model that does not substantially comply with the provisions of the Act and this Part:
1) A provisional license may be issued only if the Department finds that:
A) The Model has undertaken changes and corrections which upon completion will render the Model in substantial compliance with the Act; and
B) The health and safety of the patients in the Model will be protected during the period for which the provisional license is issued. (Section 30(c) of the Act)
2) The Department shall advise the applicant or licensee of the conditions under which the provisional license is issued, including:
A) The manner in which the Model fails to comply with the provisions of the Act;
B) The changes and corrections that shall be completed;
C) The time within which the necessary changes and corrections shall be completed (Section 30(c) of the Act); and
D) The interim actions that are necessary to protect the health and safety of the patients.
g) The Children's Community-Based Health Care Center Model license or provisional license shall be prominently displayed in an area accessible to the public.
(Source: Amended at 34 Ill. Reg. 10162, effective June 30, 2010)