TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER b: HOSPITAL AND AMBULATORY CARE FACILITIES
PART 205 AMBULATORY SURGICAL TREATMENT CENTER LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
SECTION 205.1380 DIAGNOSTIC FACILITIES
Section 205.1380 Diagnostic Facilities
a) Radiographic Suite: if radiographic studies are conducted, the following apply:
1) Radiographic rooms shall have a minimum clear area of 120 square feet and a minimum clear dimension of 10', exclusive of vestibule, toilet, closet, cabinet, and work counter (whether fixed or movable). There shall be a minimum of 2'6" clearance at each side and both ends of the radiographic table;
2) A handwashing sink with a plaster trap within the room;
3) A communication system connected to the control station;
4) Film processing area with work counters, triple sink, storage cabinets, exhaust venting for chemicals, open drains, and safety lighting;
5) Viewing and administration area;
6) Film storage facilities;
7) Toliet room with handwashing facilities, directly accessible from each radiographic room without entering the general corridor area; and
8) Dressing area with convenient access to toilets and a lockable closet unit for patient's belongings.
b) If laboratory testing is performed in the center, the laboratory area of the center shall contain the following minimum facilities:
1) Laboratory work counter with sink and vacuum, and electric services.
2) Lavatory or counter sink equipped for handwashing.
3) Storage cabinet or closet for any necessary laboratory supplies and equipment. This storage area may be combined with other storage areas in the center.
4) Blood collection facilities with space for a chair and work counter.
(Source: Amended at 24 Ill. Reg. 2691, effective February 18, 2000)