TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1505 CERTIFIED VETERINARY TECHNICIANS
SECTION 1505.40 RESTORATION
Section 1505.40 Restoration
a) A certified veterinary technician seeking restoration of a certificate that has expired for less than 5 years shall have the certificate restored upon payment of the fees required by Section 1505.52(c)(1) and proof of completion of the CE requirements set forth in Section 1505.55.
b) A certified veterinary technician seeking restoration of a certificate that has expired or been on inactive status for more than 5 years shall file an application, on forms supplied by the Division, together with the fee required by Section 1505.52(c)(1) and proof of 15 hours of CE (e.g., certificate of attendance or completion) in accordance with Section 1505.55. The certified veterinary technician shall also submit:
1) Sworn evidence of active practice in another jurisdiction. The evidence shall include a statement from the appropriate board or licensing authority in the other jurisdiction that the person was authorized to practice during the term of the active practice; or
2) Two affidavits attesting to the applicant's practice as a certified veterinary technician in a jurisdiction where licensure is not required; or
3) An affidavit attesting to military service as provided in Section 15 of the Act; or
4) Evidence of experience within the profession other than active practice (such as research, teaching or publishing) during the time in which the certificate was expired; or
5) 8 hours of approved CE for each year the certification was expired completed during the 2 years proceeding application for restoration. These hours will be in addition to the 15 hours stated in subsection (b).
c) A certified veterinary technician seeking restoration of a certificate that has been on inactive status for less than 5 years shall have the certificate restored upon filing an application, on forms provided by the Division, and paying the current renewal fee.
d) After January 31, 1997, a certified veterinary technician seeking restoration of a certification shall be required to complete the CE requirements set forth in Section 1505.55 for one renewal period.
e) Any person seeking restoration of a certification within 2 years after discharge from military service pursuant to Section 12 of the Act will be required to pay only the current renewal fee and will not be required to submit proof of meeting the CE requirements.
f) When the accuracy of any submitted documentation or the relevance or sufficiency of the course work or experience is questioned by the Division or the Board because of a lack of information, discrepancies or conflicts in information given or a need for clarification, the applicant seeking restoration shall be requested to:
1) Provide such information as may be necessary; and/or
2) Appear for an interview before the Board to explain the relevance or sufficiency of course work or experience, clarify information, or clear up any discrepancies or conflicts in information.
(Source: Amended at 40 Ill. Reg. 2936, effective February 16, 2016)