TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1505 CERTIFIED VETERINARY TECHNICIANS
SECTION 1505.30 ENDORSEMENT
Section 1505.30 Endorsement
a) An applicant who is certified as a certified veterinary technician under the laws of another state or territory of the United States shall file an application with the Division, together with:
1) A certification from the licensing authority of the state or territory of original licensure stating:
A) The time during which the applicant was licensed in that state;
B) Whether the file on the applicant contains any record of disciplinary actions taken or pending;
2) Proof of successful completion of a licensing examination substantially equivalent to requirements in force in Illinois on the date of the examination;
3) Certification of licensure from the state in which the applicant is currently licensed if it is other than the state of original licensure;
4) A completed Certification of Education form that must be signed by the dean or registrar of the school from which the applicant received his/her professional training; and
5) The required fee set forth in Section 1505.52.
b) The Division shall examine each application to determine compliance with Section 13 of the Veterinary Medicine and Surgery Practice Act of 2004 (the Act) [225 ILCS 115]. The applicant may be required to appear before the Veterinary Licensing and Disciplinary Board (the Board) to clarify or explain information contained on the submitted documentation in order for the Board to determine the substantial equivalence of the applicant's qualifications to the licensing requirements in this State at the time of licensure.
(Source: Amended at 40 Ill. Reg. 2936, effective February 16, 2016)