TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VIII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1450 REAL ESTATE LICENSE ACT OF 2000
SECTION 1450.150 REQUIRED INFORMATION OF APPLICANT OR LICENSEE
Section 1450.150 Required Information of Applicant or Licensee
a) Address of Record and Email Address of Record
1) Pursuant to Section 2105-7 of the Civil Administrative Code of Illinois [20 ILCS 2105], all applicants and licensees shall:
A) Provide to the Division a valid address, which shall not be a post office box, and a valid email address, which shall serve as the address of record and email address of record, respectively, at the time of application for licensure or renewal of a license; and
B) Inform the Division, in a format provided by the Division, within 14 days after any change.
2) The use by the Division of the email address provided by the applicant or licensee shall be considered valid service or notice to the applicant or licensee regardless of whether the service or notice goes to the applicant's or licensee's email "spam" or "junk" folder.
b) Aliases, Diminutives, and Nicknames. Within 14 days after the change, each licensee shall notify the Division, in a format provided by the Division, of any name change.
1) The licensee shall notify the Division if the licensee regularly practices under an alias, diminutive, or nickname of the licensee's name.
2) If an individual licensee changes names by court order or due to marital status change, the licensee shall:
A) Notify the Division of the name change;
B) Provide the Division a copy of the marriage certificate or portions of the court order relating to the name change; and
C) Indicate the name to be utilized for licensure.
3) The licensee shall ensure that all CE certificates are issued under the name of licensure.
c) Office Location. Each licensee shall provide the Division, in a format provided by the Division, all physical office locations, virtual office websites or digital platforms. Each licensee shall notify the Division, in a format provided by the Division, of a change in any physical office location or virtual office website or digital platform, within 24 hours after the change in location.
d) Each sponsoring broker shall, within 24 hours, notify the Division, in a format provided by the Division, of any change of business information.
1) When a licensee acquires or transfers any interest in a licensed corporation, limited liability company, partnership, limited partnership or limited liability partnership licensed under the Act.
2) When a licensee becomes an officer, manager, member or partner of a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, limited partnership or limited liability partnership, including any associated changes in designated managing brokers or office location.
3) When the licensee operates under an assumed name, it shall comply with the applicable provisions of Section 1450.120.
(Source: Amended at 45 Ill. Reg. 2851, effective February 23, 2021)