TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1340 ILLINOIS PHYSICAL THERAPY ACT
SECTION 1340.66 ADVERTISING
Section 1340.66 Advertising
a) Persons licensed to practice physical therapy in the State of Illinois may advertise in any medium or other form of public communications in a manner which presents information to the public in a truthful, direct, dignified and readily comprehensible manner.
b) If an advertisement is communicated to the public over television or radio, it shall be prerecorded and approved for broadcast by the licensee and a recording of the actual transmission, including videotape, shall be retained by the licensee for 3 years.
c) Information which may be contained in advertising shall include, but not be limited to:
1) Licensee's name, address, office hours and telephone number;
2) Schools attended;
3) Announcement of additions to or deletions from professional staff;
4) Announcement of the opening of, change of, or return to practice;
5) Professional memberships;
6) Credit arrangements and/or acceptance of Medicare/Medicaid patients and credit cards;
7) Foreign language ability;
8) Usual and customary fees for routine professional services which must include a statement that fees may be adjusted due to complications or unforeseen circumstances; and
9) Description of offices in which licensee practices (e.g., accessibility to the disabled, convenience of parking).
d) Information which may be untruthful, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading includes, but is not limited to, that which:
1) Contains a misrepresentation of fact or omits a material fact required to prevent deception;
2) Guarantees favorable results or creates false or unjustified expectations of favorable results;
3) Takes advantage of the potential client's fears, anxieties, vanities, or other emotions;
4) Contains exaggerations pertaining to the quality of physical therapy care;
5) Describes as available products or services which are not permitted by the laws of this State or applicable federal laws; and
6) Advertises professional services which the licensee is not licensed to render.
(Source: Amended at 47 Ill. Reg. 13093, effective August 24, 2023)