TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1285 MEDICAL PRACTICE ACT OF 1987
SECTION 1285.275 FAILING TO FURNISH INFORMATION
Section 1285.275 Failing to Furnish Information
a) In cases alleging a violation of Section 22(A)(38) of the Act, evidence will be present that:
1) A written request for information was received by the physician (as evidenced by receipt of a subpoena or certified or registered letter);
2) The written request was signed by the Chief Medical Coordinator or Deputy Medical Coordinator;
3) The request for information was accompanied by a notice that sanctions are provided by Section 23(A)(38) of the Act for a failure to provide the information and that the recipient may request a hearing to determine the legality of the request;
4) The recipient was allowed at least 10 days to provide the information or request a hearing; and
5) The recipient failed to provide the information that was within his or her possession or control.
b) In the event that the recipient requests a hearing to determine the legality of the request for information, a hearing will be held by the Disciplinary Board or a hearing officer pursuant to 68 Ill. Adm. Code 1110, limited to the issue of whether the recipient has a valid basis for refusing to comply with the request.
(Source: Amended at 29 Ill. Reg. 18823, effective November 4, 2005)