TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1250 FUNERAL DIRECTORS AND EMBALMERS LICENSING CODE
SECTION 1250.230 CONTINUING EDUCATION SPONSORS AND COURSES
Section 1250.230 Continuing Education Sponsors and Courses
a) CE sponsor, as set forth in Sections 5-15 and 10-35 of the Code, shall mean the following:
1) An accredited college or university or a State agency;
2) Illinois Funeral Directors Association;
3) Funeral Directors Services Association of Greater Chicago;
4) Cook County Association of Funeral Home Owners, Inc.;
5) Illinois Selected Morticians Association;
6) National Funeral Directors Association;
7) Illinois Cemetery and Funeral Home Association;
8) Selected Independent Funeral Homes;
9) An Illinois school of mortuary science;
10) International Order of the Golden Rule;
11) National Funeral Directors and Morticians Association; or
12) Any other person or entity licensed as a CE sponsor under subsection (b).
b) A person or entity seeking to provide CE shall submit:
1) A signed and completed application on forms provided by the Division;
2) The required fee set forth in Section 1250.165; and
3) A copy of the certificate of attendance the CE sponsor will issue, which shall contain the information set forth in subsection (d).
c) All CE courses shall:
1) Contain materials that contribute to the advancement, extension and enhancement of professional skills and knowledge in the practice of funeral directing or embalming. The course content shall be designed to focus on advancement and enhancement of professional skills and knowledge;
2) Be developed and presented by persons with education and/or practical experience in the presented subject matter;
3) Include a student evaluation of both instructor and the course;
4) Specify the course objectives and content, teaching method to be used, and number of Illinois CE hours earned in all relevant materials;
5) Verify attendance; and
6) Be open to all licensed funeral directors and funeral directors and embalmers and not be limited to the members of a single organization or group.
d) Certificate of Attendance
1) Each licensed CE sponsor shall provide each participant with a certificate of attendance containing the following:
A) The CE sponsor's license number, name, address and signature;
B) The participant's name and license number;
C) A brief statement of the subject matter;
D) The number of CE hours awarded and the CE topic (i.e., funeral directing, embalming, insurance, OSHA compliance, etc.);
E) The date and place of the course; and
F) The method of delivery of the course (i.e., classroom, webinar, video, book, audiotape, etc.).
2) CE sponsors shall provide all participants with a certificate of attendance upon the successful completion of a CE course.
e) The CE sponsor shall maintain course materials and attendance records containing all information in subsection (d)(1) for not less than 7 years, except for the signature of the sponsor.
f) The CE sponsor shall ensure that participants only receive CE credit for time actually spent attending the CE course.
g) The Division may evaluate a CE sponsor at any time. If the Division determines that a CE sponsor failed to comply with this Part, the Division shall thereafter refuse to accept that CE sponsor's CE for credit until the Division receives proof of compliance.
(Source: Added at 41 Ill. Reg. 11361, effective September 8, 2017)