TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1250 FUNERAL DIRECTORS AND EMBALMERS LICENSING CODE
SECTION 1250.160 RESTORATION
Section 1250.160 Restoration
a) A funeral director and embalmer seeking restoration of a license after it has expired or been placed on inactive status for more than 5 years shall submit the following:
1) A signed and completed application, on forms provided by the Division;
2) The required fee set forth in Section 1250.165;
3) Proof of completion of the continuing education (CE) for the immediately preceding prerenewal period as set forth in Section 1250.220; however, the CE must include 3 hours of hands on embalming and 3 hours of Occupational Safety and Health Administration compliance. Acceptable proof of completion shall be in the form of certificates of attendance provided by licensed CE sponsors; and
4) One of the following:
A) Sworn evidence of active practice in another jurisdiction, including:
i) a statement from the appropriate board or licensing authority in the other jurisdiction that the licensee was authorized to practice during the term of the active practice or;
ii) if the profession is not licensed in the other jurisdiction, a statement from the licensee's employer;
B) An affidavit attesting to military service as provided in Sections 5-15 and 10-35 of the Code. If application is made within 2 years after honorable discharge, and if all other provisions of Sections 5-15 and 10-35 of the Code are satisfied, the applicant will not be required to pay a restoration fee or any lapsed renewal fees; or
C) Evidence of education or experience acceptable to the Division, within the 5 years preceding restoration, of the licensee's fitness and competence in funeral directing and embalming, including, but not be limited to:
i) Verification of successful completion of the Conference examination, as set forth in Section 1250.140, to be forwarded by the Conference directly to the Division; or
ii) Proof of completion of 6 credit hours at an approved program of mortuary science, in addition to any CE hours. Funeral director and embalmers seeking restoration shall complete 3 hours related to funeral directing and 3 hours related to embalming.
b) A licensee seeking restoration of a license that has expired or been on inactive status for less than 5 years, or has been placed in nonrenewed status for failure to comply with CE requirements, shall submit the following:
1) A signed and completed application on forms provided by the Division;
2) The required fees set forth in Section 1250.165;
3) Proof of completion of the required CE set forth in Section 1250.220. Acceptable proof of completion shall be in the form of certificates of attendance provided by licensed CE sponsors.
c) A person seeking restoration of a license within 2 years after honorable discharge from military service pursuant to Section 5-15 of the Code will be required to pay only the current renewal fee and will not be required to submit proof of completing the CE requirements.
d) When any submitted documentation is questioned by the Division, the licensee seeking restoration may be required to provide additional information.
e) Persons holding a funeral director license and an embalmer license issued prior to June 1, 1991 shall restore both the funeral director license and the embalmer license. Persons holding a funeral director license issued prior to June 1, 1991 may restore that funeral director license.
(Source: Amended at 41 Ill. Reg. 11361, effective September 8, 2017)