TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1250 FUNERAL DIRECTORS AND EMBALMERS LICENSING CODE
SECTION 1250.135 APPLICATION FOR FUNERAL DIRECTOR AND EMBALMER LICENSURE
Section 1250.135 Application for Funeral Director and Embalmer Licensure
a) An applicant for a funeral director and embalmer license shall submit the following:
1) A signed and completed application on forms provided by the Division;
2) The required fee set forth in Section 1250.165;
3) Certification of completion of a 12-month internship within the past 5 years, signed by the licensed funeral director and embalmer sponsor. For the purpose of determining completion, the internship shall commence on the date of the issuance of the intern license;
4) A Certificate of Health, attesting that the applicant has been immunized against diphtheria, hepatitis B and tetanus;
5) Verification of successful completion of the International Conference of Funeral Service Examining Boards, Inc. (the Conference) National Board examination as set forth in Section 1250.140, to be forwarded by the Conference directly to the Division; and
6) A statement of the place of practice, ownership, names and license numbers of all funeral directors and embalmers and funeral directors associated with the applicant as set forth in Section 15-80 of the Code, as applicable.
b) The Division shall issue a funeral director and embalmer license or notify the applicant, in writing, of the basis for denial.
(Source: Amended at 41 Ill. Reg. 11361, effective September 8, 2017)