TITLE 68: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
CHAPTER VII: DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
PART 1175 THE BARBER, COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, HAIR BRAIDING, AND NAIL TECHNOLOGY ACT OF 1985
SECTION 1175.1030 RESTORATION NAIL TECHNICIAN
Section 1175.1030 Restoration – Nail Technician
a) A person applying for restoration of a nail technician license that has been expired or placed on inactive status for less than 5 years shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division and:
1) Pay the required fee as set forth in Section 1175.100; and
2) Provide evidence of successful completion of 10 hours of CE in accordance with Section 1175.1200(c).
b) A person applying for restoration of a nail technician license that has been expired or placed on inactive status for 5 years or more shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division along with:
1) Verification of employment as a nail technician, attesting to lawful practice in another jurisdiction for at least 24 months within the 5 years preceding application for restoration from at least 3 clients, coworkers or business owners;
2) Certification of licensure from the licensing authority in the jurisdiction of employment stating that the practice was authorized;
3) A completed Restoration Questionnaire;
4) Evidence of successful completion of 10 hours of CE earned within the 2 years immediately preceding restoration; and
5) The required fee as set forth in Section 1175.100.
c) If restoring after active military service, the applicant shall submit a copy of his/her DD-214 and the current renewal fee.
d) If an applicant takes and fails the examination, the license will not be restored until such time as he/she has successfully completed the examination.
e) An applicant for restoration under subsection (b) who is unable to comply with one or both of subsections (b)(1) and (2) shall submit official transcripts showing successful completion of a 60-hour nail technology refresher course from an approved cosmetology or nail technology school or pass the examination set forth in Section 1175.1010 within 2 years prior to or within 2 years after the restoration application. An applicant who completes this refresher course or takes the examination shall not also be required to complete 10 hours of CE, but shall comply with the remaining requirements of subsection (b).
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 15159, effective August 10, 2018)